Wednesday, August 20, 2008

P.S.

Please note: The following was written in 2008 after our tour of the Balkans

We are home now in the green-chile drenched bosom of New Mexico. Our trip back was, ahem, longish: Sofia- Munich- Charlotte- Phoenix- Albuquerque...25 hours worth of screaming toddlers and Hollywood rom-coms...yikes! Even the food was dreadfuller than usual. But enough of that...


Our European trip was great. Four weeks for Joe and seven weeks for Jen. I ate like a pig (pizza, ice cream, sausage, bread, dumplings) and lost a pound! My kind of weight loss program! It feels good to be back eating crispy green salads and pulling crispy clothes out of the dryer. New Mexico looks lovely and we will be starting back on our "normal" lives as soon as next Monday when the semester begins at UNM.


We visited ten countries on this trip, most for the first time. We walked a lot of cobblestoned miles, took a lot of digital photos, ate a lot of tomatoes and cucumbers, spoke a crazy mixture of Russian, Bulgarian & German along w/ our excellent English, and met a lot of great people along the way. I don't know about Jen, but I'll probably be ready to go again real soon...

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jen & Joe!
    thank you for your postcard from Sofia and the link for this blog - I was so excited to get some notes of your summer vacations! Your informative report made me discover a lot of worthy places in the Central Europe. My friend has recently visited Bulgaria too - so now I know about this country almost everything:)- maybe, it's a sigh to get ready to start my own trip! anyway, this summer has brought me to the Crimea and I promise to send you some photos with short discription. Hugs, Katia

    ReplyDelete